The perfect picnic is available at Ravinia. You can even use Picnic Box and let us prepare it for you.
Picnicking at Ravinia
Many of our patrons bring their own food and beverages, lawn chairs, blankets and more. Citronella candles are quite popular, as are roll-up picnic tables, coolers, picnic baskets and other picnic equipment. If you're planning on picnicking and afterwards enjoying the concert from the comfort of a reserved seat, we ask that you please stow your belongings in one of the designated areas at the perimeter of the venue.
Or you can visit our on-site restaurants and food kiosks offer complete picnic spreads: gourmet cheeses and spreads, fresh fruit and veggies; ice cream and desserts; soft drinks, wine, beer and cocktails, as well as coffee. At Ravinia Gifts, we help you take care of last-minute needs or items for your next Ravinia outing: picnic blankets and sweatshirts, citronella candles and matches, wine openers and cocktail napkins and much more. You can find everything you need for the perfect picnic right here at Ravinia.
Let Us Take Care of the Picnic
No need to go to all the trouble of packing and hauling a big spread. We make it easy for you to have a spur-of-the-moment picnic through our PICNIC BOX.
Order before the show (up to 48 hours in advance) and we’ll have it waiting for you, or your whole group. If you miss the online deadline, all Picnic Box items available and sold separately at Ravinia Market inside the Dining Pavilion.
Lawn Chair Rental
Chair rental is available on all pavilion concert evenings (except for dance events). You can rent a lawn chair for $7, a side table for $5 and 4' buffet tables for $10 at Camping World Chair Rental, located between the Martin Theatre and the Dining Pavilion.
Items to be left at home
Please note that the following are prohibited at the park:
- Anything that can be staked into the ground (tiki torches, beverage holders)
- Umbrellas over 6' in diameter
- Pets or other animals (Service Animals and Guide Dogs are permitted)
- Beer kegs
- No Bicycles, scooters, in-line skates inside the park (Please note that we do have bike racks available for storage outside of the Box Office if you ride your bike to the park. Riding is prohibited inside the park.)
- Ball games, frisbees
- Photographic, video and audio recording equipment is strictly prohibited at Ravinia, and such equipment may not be brought into the pavilion, Martin Theatre or Bennett Gordon Hall.
Ravinia is a smoke-free environment. Smoking areas may be found outside the park gates at designated areas.
All sales are final and no refunds will be made. All events, programs and artists are subject to change.